What is Stem Cell Therapy?
Stem cell therapy is mainly used to repair damaged injuries and tissues by using an individual’s own stem cells.
To be specific, it is sort of a tissue engineering that regenerates the human cells and it is part of the regenerative medicine field that is growing and developing very rapidly.
Stem cell therapy is best for patients with chronic pains like knee pain, joint pain, etc.
Beneficially, it is also used to increase the motion and flexibility of joints and muscles.
Five Main Benefits of Stem Cell Therapy:
There are a lot of medical procedures out there to treat chronic pains but below mentioned benefits will explain why stem cell therapy is preferred over other procedures.
The main reason why stem cell therapy is better is that it uses biological cells collected directly from a person’s own body.
Moreover, the general benefits include minimal risk involved, minimal recovery time after the procedure and minimal worry or stress for the therapy.
The Following are 5 more specific advantages of stem cell therapy:
- Avoid Surgery along with its complications, risks and prolonged recovery time: Stem cell therapy is a non-surgical procedure that does not require many invasions into the body. The stem cells are collected directly from a patient’s bone marrow from the pelvis area. This way patients are able to avoid complications of the surgery, risks involved and the long recovery time that follows after the surgery.
- Minimal recovery time: Usually the recovery time after treatment is not very painful, or long nor consuming. At times, it gets difficult for patients to go through the recovery time because they have to take extra precaution and rest, which takes patience. Sometimes the recovery time is more consuming than the disease or treatment itself, but worth it in the end. As explained earlier as well, stem cell therapy is based on the individual so the recovery time after the procedure is again based on each individual.
- General Anesthesia is not required: Stem cell therapy does not require the use of general anesthesia. Some patients go through the anxiety of getting general anesthesia or do not feel very good under its effect but rest assured with stem cell therapy you can be saved from general anesthesia. Since it is a non-surgical treatment therefore patients do not have to be given anesthesia before the treatment. You can be awake and aware of your surroundings during the procedure.
- Injection Risks not Involved: Since the procedure requires collecting stem cells from a person’s own body therefore there are no risks involved in injections. No other injectables are used in this procedure that may carry risk factors.
- No Infectious Disease Transmission: Stem cell therapy involves using cells originating from a person’s own body therefore there is no risk involved in the spreading of disease from one person to another. The therapy is risk-free and one does not need to worry about it.
The above-mentioned benefits explain how stem cell therapy is better than other surgical procedures.